CSC San Francesco – Amici del Centro socio culturale San Francesco
Piazza San Francesco, 8 – 06019
“Amici del centro socio-culturale san Francesco” is a no profit association located in Umbertide (Perugia) which is brought to principles of democracy and cultural, philosophical and religious pluralism. As the main statute explain, the principal purposes of the association are:
– spread the knowledge of the cultural facts in their various forms of expression (literature, teatre, cinema, picture, music, science…);
– permit and favour a direct and spontaneous partecipation of the citizens to produce culture;
– promote a culture of peace based on knowledge and the rispect of the values of whom every society is based on;
– take back and increase the value of local cultures that are very significative;
– take care and rispect the right of the citizens (health, environment, good administration…) without any distinctions of sex, age, social condition, and cultural origins;
– facilitate aggregation process, promoting moments of everyday life, of meeting, of dialogue, with a particular attention to less protected classes; Intergenerational activities related to old traditions and old manual work.
– promote and administer upgrade courses for teachers and also professional courses.
– promote the culture of sustainable behaviors, thanks to the collaboration of specialists in environmental education, healt education, sport education.
The association has already realized displays, courses, meeting with autors, musicians and has worked with the local schools in several projects. ‘Amici del centro socio-culturale san Francesco’ has also looked after the “Poetry Prize XXVI April” since its birth (arrived at the 32nd edition this year). The association has already realized displays, courses, meeting with authors, musicians and has worked with the local schools in several projects. ‘Amici del centro socio-culturale san Francesco’ has also looked after the ‘Poetry Prize XXV April’ since its birth (arrived at the 32nd edition this year).
In these years we worked a lot on the intergenerational field, trying to recover the ancient traditions, different old jobs and developing literature activities-events involving mixed group (Pupils + Grandparents). We think that this kind of project it’s very important for our cultural and European dimension, and the proposed activities are very interesting and adaptable to our annual program. All the activities proposed by the project will be integrated in the annual learning program. The aim reflect one of our main objective, develop new solution for the teaching for adults and new strategy to run good activities between adults and pupils.
Teach a positive discipline in the right way is the first important step to create a good background in term of European Active Citizenship.